View the Special News Update from Mary Sue Coleman about Governor Snyder's budget proposal in support of public higher education.
About Government Relations
Vice President Cynthia H. Wilbanks oversees the Office of the Vice President for Government Relations.
University officials monitor federal and state legislation that impacts or involves higher education. Officials work with elected officials and government agencies in providing information and research findings that may assist their policy work.
- Gov. Rick Snyder's recommended 6.1 percent budget increase for state universities is "great news for students and families in the state of Michigan," says Cynthia H. Wilbanks, U-M vice president for government relations. Record Article
- U-M ranks as a top university in World Reputation Rankings U-M is ranked as the 15th top university in the world according to the Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings released Wednesday. Read more
- You can learn more about the State’s higher education appropriations process by joining the Alumni Association’s Legislative Advocacy program.
- Affordable Care Act: The Marketplace is a new way to find quality health coverage. Look at and compare coverage options. Read more
- U-M hospital care: Best in Michigan, among the best in the nation, says U.S. News. High national ranking for 12 U-M adult specialties continues two-decade trend. Read more
- U-M provides Guidelines for Political Campaigns and Ballot Initiatives.
- The Detroit Center is the base of operations for many of U–M's Detroit–focused programs
Michigan’s University Research Corridor Makes Strong Showing among Eight Leading U.S. Research Clusters
LANSING, Mich. (Jan. 21, 2014) – Michigan’s University Research Corridor (URC) ranks high among eight university innovation clusters in a new measure that examines R&D spending, research commercialization and talent production, according to a new Economic Impact Report released today.
The URC – consisting of Michigan State University, the University of Michigan and Wayne State University – ranked second in the Innovation Power Ranking when compared to seven other major university research clusters in six states
The report showed that the URC universities conferred 32,483 graduate and undergraduate degrees in 2012, more than any of the university innovation clusters the URC has benchmarked itself against since 2007.Read article
View Economic Impact Map
Michigan's University Research Corridor Entrepreneurs Bring a Spirit of Innovation to Revive Detroit.
The Compliance Resource Center includes practical information about compliance topics, and more.
The Legislative Advocacy program promotes the value of public higher education to elected officials in the State of Michigan. Volunteers in the program communicate with officials on the State appropriation bill, as well as other non-budget issues as needed.
Next Caucus Event:
Includes The Michigan Memorial Phoenix Energy Institute (MMPEI)top