Read about Dr. Mark S. Schlissel, the 14th President of the University of Michigan.
The Inauguration: On Friday, September 5, 2014, Mark S. Schlissel was installed as the fourteenth president of the University of Michigan.
Follow him on Twitter: @drmarkschlissel
About Government Relations
Vice President Cynthia H. Wilbanks oversees the Office of the Vice President for Government Relations.
University officials monitor federal and state legislation that impacts or involves higher education. Officials work with elected officials and government agencies in providing information and research findings that may assist their policy work.
Did You Know....
- U-M maintained its ranking at No. 6 on Kiplinger's list of 100 Best Values in Public Colleges for 2015. Read More
- The University of Michigan School of Information and the City of Jackson, Michigan have embarked on a three-year Citizen Interaction Design initiative to engage citizens with government. Read more and watch video's here.
- You can learn more about the State’s higher education appropriations process by joining the Alumni Association’s Legislative Advocacy program.
- Rankings: U-M Hospital care; Best in Michigan. World Reputation Rankings; 15th in the world.
- U-M provides Guidelines for Political Campaigns and Ballot Initiatives.
- The Detroit Center is the base of operations for many of U–M's Detroit–focused programs
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology outreach with FEMMES Saturday Science Capstones
By Gail Kuhnlein Nov 24, 2014 On a recent Saturday on the campus of the University of Michigan, an educational outreach program called FEMMES (Females Excelling More in Math Engineering and Science) held one of its biannual Saturday Science Capstone events.
Two of the activities involved faculty and students from the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, among dozens of other volunteers and some 200 fourth – eighth grade students from Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti and Detroit. The events took place mainly in the Chemistry Building, as well as in C.C. Little and the Kraus Natural Science Building. Read more
The Compliance Resource Center includes practical information about compliance topics, and more.
The Legislative Advocacy program promotes the value of public higher education to elected officials in the State of Michigan. Volunteers in the program communicate with officials on the State appropriation bill, as well as other non-budget issues as needed.
Next Caucus Event:
Fits like a glove? The ACA in the Mitten
Check out previous Caucus Events on You Tube or your local cable station, here.
8/4/14 ANN ARBOR – The American shale gas boom has the potential to revitalize domestic manufacturing, and a new report from a University of Michigan-led panel recommends steps to make that happen in a responsible manner.
Includes The Michigan Memorial Phoenix Energy Institute (MMPEI)top