About Government Relations
Vice President Cynthia H. Wilbanks oversees the Office of the Vice President for Government Relations.
University officials monitor federal and state legislation that impacts or involves higher education. Officials work with elected officials and government agencies in providing information and research findings that may assist their policy work.
Citizens Research Council of Michigan has released an analysis of Proposal 15-1: Sales and Motor Fuel Tax Increases Related to Transportation Funding, which will appear on the statewide ballot at a special election on May 5, 2015.
Proposal 15-1 has the dual objective of increasing state funding for transportation repair and maintenance and modifying the taxation of motor fuels to guarantee that all taxes paid at the pump are directed to transportation purposes. Read the analysis here.
- U-M maintained its ranking at No. 6 on Kiplinger's list of 100 Best Values in Public Colleges for 2015. Read More
- Government Relations is proud to salute our colleague Veronica Johnson who has established an Internship at the UM School of Information (Veronica Wilkerson Johnson Internship Award).
- You can learn more about the State’s higher education appropriations process by joining the Alumni Association’s Legislative Advocacy program.
- Rankings: U-M Hospital care; Best in Michigan. World Reputation Rankings; 15th in the world.
- U-M provides Guidelines for Political Campaigns and Ballot Initiatives.
- The Detroit Center is the base of operations for many of U–M's Detroit–focused programs
One Day Closer to a Cure with Lloyd Carr, on Saturday, May 9, 2015
One of Ann Arbor’s most exciting educational events. One Day Closer gives individuals and families an up-close look at one of the world’s leading cancer research facilities, and what its internationally-recognized scientists and colleagues are doing to discover the cure for cancer.
Translational Oncology Program (TOP) scientists will donate their time to get one day closer to a cure for cancer. Join them for seminars, tours, and interactive learning on this special day of research with opening remarks by former Michigan football head coach Lloyd Carr.. Come and learn about the discoveries made in TOP laboratories at U-M and help move us one day closer. Advance registration is recommended and can be done at onedaycloser.eventbrite.com
The Compliance Resource Center includes practical information about compliance topics, and more.
The Legislative Advocacy program promotes the value of public higher education to elected officials in the State of Michigan. Volunteers in the program communicate with officials on the State appropriation bill, as well as other non-budget issues as needed.
Next Caucus Event:
Can robots help people to heal?
Check out previous Caucus Events on You Tube or your local cable station, here.
The University of Michigan Energy Institute works to develop and integrate science, technology and policy solutions to pressing energy challenges. See more
Includes The Michigan Memorial Phoenix Project (MMPP)top